Most effective ways to lose weight?

I’m an 18 year old female. 5’9”, 183 pounds. I’m not fat, although it may seem I am. But I’m an athlete. A lot of it is muscle. I really just have a belly I’d like to get rid of...I want a flatter stomach. I’d like to lose some weight on my legs, but nothing serious. I started my weight loss journey a few weeks ago... show more I’m an 18 year old female. 5’9”, 183 pounds. I’m not fat, although it may seem I am. But I’m an athlete. A lot of it is muscle. I really just have a belly I’d like to get rid of...I want a flatter stomach. I’d like to lose some weight on my legs, but nothing serious. I started my weight loss journey a few weeks ago and when I first started, I lost 10 pounds in a week. I try to stay on a 1,328 calories deficit every day. I walk 30 minutes a day every day. My dad did the same thing when he lost weight and he lost a ton just by eating healthy and walking 30 minutes. But for some reason, I feel like what I’m doing isn’t enough. When I eat salads, the dressing makes it unhealthy but my dad told me it’s really not that bad for me because ranch dressing does have hardly any carbs and the lettuce is good for me. Starting yesterday, I’m going to sprint 20 seconds and walk 40 seconds and repeat 5 times. I’m going to do that 3 days a week and walk the other 4 days. I just get discouraged that what I’m doing isn’t enough to lose my belly fat and I feel like giving up, but I don’t want to give up. Any suggestions to help with weight loss? Thanks!
5 answers 5