Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 5 months ago

How much can I get off of a car?

There is a car listed at $10,900 at a car dealership and the price has never changed and it’s been on the lot for 40 days so I was wondering what a fair offer would be for it

12 Answers

Relevance
  • g
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Depends on the year, make and model of the car an its current market value.

Have you looked it up, ner? If you are serious about finding what would be a fair price for this particular automobile it's time to do so. Ya reckon?

https://www.edmunds.com/appraisal/

• 5 months ago

Any offer below the amount on the car will be met with resistance and/or feigned offense.

If you have cash, the best bet is to walk onto the lot with the amount you feel like it is worth, and lay it out in front of them. You would be amazed how much more amicable they will be when they see the actual bills, and not just a guy trying to talk them down.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No useful details. EPIC FAIL.

• Never
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Impossible to know.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

$9250 probably. What I do is do a search on craigslist and autotrader for a 200 mile search, then search for the exact same car with similar miles. Maybe you'll be able to find one a 100 miles away for $9200, print it out, take it to the dealer and tell him to match it or you will buy it from him. The next way is to find a similar car on another car lot, tell him the other dealer will sell his to you for 9200 but you will buy it from him if he will match the price.

• TheReal
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

I'm SURE the dealers have NEVER seen that game before. Man, you're a smart one...

• 5 months ago

You give us NOTHING about the car and expect an answer????

Not very bright, there Charlie.

• 5 months ago

Get all of the specifics on the vehicle and do some research. Go to Kelley Blue book, www.kbb.com. Input all of the information and get a suggested retail price. Compare it to the asking price on the vehicle you have in mind. You may find out that the asking price is fair.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

If you are willing to pay Cash for it, most places will come down off the listed price, how much is different for each place.

• 5 months ago

So many variables... who knows?

Maybe they got it for $8000 in trade, and they don't mind it sitting for awhile. Maybe they own all of their cars outright (not floored) and they don't need to push them in a hurry.

Offer them what you think is a fair number ($9K on a car selling for $11K won't happen). Worst they can do is say "no". But, the days of having dealers beg you to return are long gone.

• ElGrande
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

OH... and don't forget... dealers would MUCH rather you pay cash for a "magic" discount!

• 5 months ago

Go to Kelly Blue Book and look it up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.