Congress is jawboning about reparations again today. Haven't we already paid enough?

They have speaking that illustrious American, Danny Glover, spewing the same venom that caused his Hollywood jobs to dry up. Since the mid-sixties, we have paid out between $17 and $19 trillion dollars on the war on poverty. Free housing, welfare, food stamps, free school, free school lunches and breakfast, free... show more They have speaking that illustrious American, Danny Glover, spewing the same venom that caused his Hollywood jobs to dry up.
Since the mid-sixties, we have paid out between $17 and $19 trillion dollars on the war on poverty. Free housing, welfare, food stamps, free school, free school lunches and breakfast, free transportation, free college, housing, school jobs and even midnight basketball. Many accepted the benefits but few did anything with it. It's the same people impoverished and without hope sixty years later. I was born and raised in East St. Louis, Illinois sixty-eight years ago and it's worse now than it ever was despite nationally known Democrats running the state with their monopoly. I paid reparations my entire working life and now politicians and activists are going to make my grandchildren to keep paying? $17 to $19 trillion dollars already.