boo asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 6 months ago

Are distopia books a popular type?

Was thinking about doing one base on last 3 and half years as trump as president

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Athena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Define "popular."

They are the type most young and inexperienced writers go for because they think it makes them look deep and worldly.

"Look at me sitting in e coffee house on my laptop all warm and cozy writing about how terrible the world is. "

• Sharon
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Really? So Orwell or George R. Stewart or Huxley were just hacks sipping lattes as they scribbled?

• chorle
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

And why you go back in time and sell it before Trump became President you would really have something there.

Or maybe you could try Trump becoming President of the United Nations

• 6 months ago

There are thousands of such books, most likely tens of thousands.

The only thing recent about this "fad" is insisting they be called "dystopian," which primarily seems to have come out of YA novels in the last ten years.

• Sharon
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Your historical perspective is sadly lacking. Dystopian novels have been around for many decades

• John
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

And instead of "Was thinking" you may as well just wuz gunna.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

There are many such books on Kindle, I like some that actually move quickly and are based on some rational assumptions. It has nothing to do with who is president, at least for me.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Historically speaking, people like the opposite of what they're living. People who feel happy and secure like dystopian novels because it's so far from their experience. During times of crisis and uncertainty, people prefer more upbeat and escapist fare, because it takes them away from their lives. This is why there hasn't been much success with dystopian novels in the Trump era - fiction can't compete with the horror of our reality.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

lol they're running out of steam

• 6 months ago

Stop thinking about it. You're an eejit.

• 6 months ago

Don't write a book. You misspelled dystopia and based. You missed "the" between "on" and "last". You were too lazy to spell out "three". You should have used "with" Trump instead of "as" Trump. You failed to capitalize Trump or President.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

dystopian books*

based*

the last*

of Trump as president*

You just aren't cut out for this writer business.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.