My great uncle reported me missing (I wasn't missing, he has Alzheimer's) and the local police in a state I haven't lived in for 7 years?

Wants me to pay for their unnecessary search efforts. They haven't taken me to court and haven't even sent me a bill. He told them that the last time he saw me, I was swimming in the quarry. So, they sent in divers. I've already told the chief the situation and that I have no intention of paying... show more Wants me to pay for their unnecessary search efforts. They haven't taken me to court and haven't even sent me a bill. He told them that the last time he saw me, I was swimming in the quarry. So, they sent in divers.

I've already told the chief the situation and that I have no intention of paying them anything. They also threatened to bill my great uncle, but that is like trying to send a bill to a rock. He has no money.

Is there anything I can do now to try to prevent them from wasting any more of my time or taking me to court?