Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 5 months ago

Would you pay a company to decorate your house with lights and Christmas decor?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Many people do. It depends on where you live and whether you can get the kind of customers who are willing to pay for it. And not just homeowners, but also banks, hospitals and other businesses.

I have lived in several cities that had thriving holiday decorating companies. I remember one of them started out as a chimney sweep and added the Christmas lights as a sideline. It's certainly a limited-time business, but you could get repeat customers from year-to-year.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No, I would not pay someone to decorate my house for Christmas because I do it myself.

However, as an Interior Decorator, I have been hired to decorate the inside of some of my client's homes for Christmas. I love decorating mantels and Christmas trees. Doing so for $40 per hour is like being paid to have fun because to me, it is a lot of fun.

• drip
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

We did. For two years. The first time we were having our daughter and her husband for Christmas. We hadn’t seen them in a long time. We wanted everything to be special. We are beyond doing outside lights. Second year we had lots of family for the holidays. Glad we did it. We had the extra funds. But the last few years we haven’t done much for the holidays. No one over and haven’t bothered with outside lights.

• chris
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

20 years ago, I started doing that for a doctor I knew! I charged $20 per hour cash to put them up Thanksgiving weekend and take them down in January. (Froze my butt off) Every year, a new friend of his, (doctors) wanted their houses done too. By the end, I had 4 houses to do and had to use vacation time to do it. One October, I broke my hand and lost all of them. I was actually happy because I really didn't need the money that bad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

friend of mine does

• 5 months ago

I would not do that, no.

• 5 months ago

no .

• 5 months ago

Sure, if I were rich and infirm.

• 5 months ago

No, I don't have that kind of money to spend.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. They typically charge about $400 and that is way too much!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.