why cant i draw properly? i always try to draw but my lines are always wavy and not straight. it never looks like what i intended help?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like you need better pencil control, so practise, practise, practise. Use simple shapes at first and just keep repeating them. If you want to draw long straight lines, you don't want to move your wrist, but limit all movement to your shoulder (and elbow). Same thing for big curves, here you limit all movement to your elbow (and shoulder).

When sketching, use light, shorter lines and don't worry about it looking messy, if you use a pencil, you can always clean it up afterwards. E.g. don't try to sketch the entire outline of a head in one single line.

• LP7
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Try tracing first. Then do loose hand drawing next to the shape.Also keep practising.Start with just one medium, pencil,charcoal,biro,black ink pen whatever.keep it simple so you don't get overwhelmed with too much visual information

• 6 months ago

One thing we learned in art class was there is no such thing as a straight line. If you want a straight line, use a straight edge. There's lots of drawing tools like stencils, French curves and the compass.

• 6 months ago

Always practice and practice. Sketch out shapes, a circle, or anything youd like. Then with a pen or different color, try to outline it as best as you can. If its wavy, its okay, keep on going. If youre on a big piece and you mess up, if youre 100% able to fix it, fix it. If not, own it. It'd be hard to own it, but just own it and keep practicing. Dont try to pressure yourself, if you do, the piece or drawing will feel forced and sufficating. Be loose and flexible with yourself. But always be sure to practice. Always know youre able to draw.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Move your hand from the shoulder not the wrist.

• 6 months ago

It's probably related to your urinationalistic problems.

• Sir Caustic
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

I said "It's probably related to your urinationalistic problems."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.