Michael Jackson was raised by Jehovah Witnesses, so why was his dad so mean to him?

Update:

Instead of moving this Q, why don’t the JWs defend their faith and denounce the appalling behaviour of those members who abuse their children.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Because their majority is a cult

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Why do people actually believe in God? He won’t answer my prayers, won’t send me the one person I need, won’t do fück all for me yet gives?

My cousins everything. An evil piece of shït that ignores people’s prayers when they are suffering horribly?There are people Who don’t even believe in God leading amazing lives. God let’s people be born poor, all they do is suffer, not intelligent enough or not got the money to better their lives through education, can’t get the grades because they’re dealing with mental health issues or other things. God doesn’t help them. Don’t give me the bull on they’ll go to Heaven either, no one knows if that exists.

• James6 months agoReport

God is faithful, just and righteous and He loves to show Himself strong to those who will put their trust in HIM and NOT in religion and human reasoning. So read HIS Word for the truth and you’ll get the help you need.

• His mother was a Jehovah's Witness, I don't believe his dad was.

• Risa
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

You also cannot control the actions of someone. Even those who listened to Jesus teaching did not follow him.

• Otto
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Only his mother was a witness.

Source(s): JW.org
    • 6 months agoReport

https://www.google.com/search?q=jehovah%27s+witnesses+sexual+abuse&rlz=1C1APWK_enUS775US775&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwijzvqYl_jiAhUE0KwKHcnXCR8Q_AUIECgB&biw=1215&bih=560&dpr=1.13

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

No. Michael Jacksons father was not one of Jehovah's witnesses. He was a part of this world and exacted discipline to his children as his generation did to children.

• 👀 🚶
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

https://www.google.com/search?q=jehovah%27s+witnesses+persecution&source=lmns&tbm=nws&bih=612&biw=360&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=niv&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwi8-Zzk__jiAhUIg54KHYTZCPoQ_AUoAXoECAAQBA

• 6 months ago

The brother named Jermaine and married to, I think a Mexican woman, on TV once stated that all his brothers and sisters were raised as Jehovah Witnesses and that the father was a strict JW and beat them every day.

• 👀 🚶
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

https://www.google.com/search?q=jehovah%27s+witnesses+persecution&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjV0L7bt_jiAhUQup4KHTABDzwQ_AUoAXoECBAQAQ&biw=360&bih=612&dpr=3

• 6 months ago

Jehovah's witnesses are not always nice.

• 6 months agoReport

https://www.google.com/search?q=jehovah%27s+witnesses+sexual+abuse&rlz=1C1APWK_enUS775US775&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwijzvqYl_jiAhUE0KwKHcnXCR8Q_AUIECgB&biw=1215&bih=560&dpr=1.13

• 6 months ago

Pardon please, but Michael Jackson was raised by two parents - only one of whom was a Jehovah's Witness. Michael Jackson's father was never a Witness. His mother was and remains one. His oldest sister, Rebbie, was, and remains one. None of the other children were Jehovah's Witnesses. I do not deny that his father had a serious problem. He was not religious, by the way. He tolerated his wife's faith. And it may interest you to know that he refused to practice birth control of any sort although he was not Catholic. That helps to explain why they had eight children (and lost one). But such reprehensible behavior as was practiced by the elder Jackson is hardly restricted to religious people anyway. Incidentally, the father was mean to all eight of the children.

Fathers from all walks of life are found to be abusive - emotionally, physically, and mentally. They are sometimes religious and they are sometimes atheists.

What is it that leads you to believe that Witnesses moved your question? And Witnesses do denounce abuse of children - anybody's children, in any city, state or country. We are aware, are we not, that the abuse of children is found in any and every sort of family, country, religion and non-religion. It was even found among some ancient Jews of Bible times.

Hannah J Paul

• Kazoo M
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Hannah, may God bless you - your work does not go unnoticed.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

YES he was then he become muslims

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

EDIT: The jdubs claim that it was only the mother who was and still is a jw. That makes no difference. The stupid jw b*tch allowed the abuse of all of her children. Typical jw. She's just as guilty as the father, if not more.

JWs moved your question.

Research the cult.

Abuse on every level is the norm within the jw cult.

• 👀 🚶
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

https://www.google.com/search?q=jehovah%27s+witnesses+persecution&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjV0L7bt_jiAhUQup4KHTABDzwQ_AUoAXoECBAQAQ&biw=360&bih=612&dpr=3

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.