Which of these three possible endings do you prefer for my story?

The story: a girl with a terminal illness finds herself trapped in another world. There, her illness is healed by use of magic. She has to try and get back, with the help of her friends, but without letting the villain through.

Ending one: happily ever after. Everyone survives, villain is defeated, our plucky hero makes her way home happy and healthy along with her love interest

Ending two: major character death. Love interest sacrifices himself to get her back. Villain is defeated. She gets back and lives a healthy life.

Ending three: it was all a dream. Turns out this whole world was created by her because she doesn t want to die. Villain wins, love interest/subconscious reveals this to her, world falls apart. She wakes up and dies soon after.

TL;DR: happily ever after, major character death, or it was all a dream?

Ending 1, minus the love interest, is The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen Donaldson. Ending 2 is The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

Most readers hate "it was all a dream" endings unless (maybe) the character changes in some major way.

• Kat6 months agoReport

Sounds good, I'll take a look!

All of them sound pretty neat. Good luck

I really like Ending 2 since I don't really like love interests unless they die