How long does it take to get a call for an interview?

I applied for a job at a hospital as a payroll assistant. They wanted 2 years of experience and only required a high school diploma. I have 2 years of customer service experience and I'm a semester away from an associate's degree in accounting and have many of the skills relevant to the posting so I thought... show more I applied for a job at a hospital as a payroll assistant. They wanted 2 years of experience and only required a high school diploma. I have 2 years of customer service experience and I'm a semester away from an associate's degree in accounting and have many of the skills relevant to the posting so I thought I would have a chance. They said it takes them 6-8 weeks on average to respond to applicants and it's been 9 weeks since I applied. They also said they email all applicants once the position is filled and I've received no email and the job posting is still up. They do not allow applicants to contact them. Do you think I might have a chance or should I just give up? I really wanted this job.
7 answers 7