Anonymous

Fired twice, but feeling I've been sidelined.?

So, I work hard, and both managers in these jobs have testified to that. But have been let go for personality clashes. I keep quiet as everyone complains about stupid white men, feminism, white privilege, etc and I have become withdrawn. I was accused of not being a team player, but was commended in termination for being very individual and can work off my own back. Why is this such a crime? I keep my head down and work. If the job is done? But everyone else seems to be lazy, turn up over an hour late. But they get a free pass??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Personality clash is a legitimate reason for being fired. Some offices are very clicky and others are poorly run. There isn't anything you can do about it and the problem may not lie with you at all. Don't be so hard on yourself. It sounds like they acknowledged that your work was excellent so go and find another job. You may find another place completely different.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

SMH.

Creating problems where none exist.

• 5 months ago

Sounds like politics to me.

• Stoo
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If you go in there with an ideological axe to grind that becomes pretty obvious. If you've made underhanded comments about women, minorities, and others you in a fit of paranoia assume are out to get you, you're not only not a team player, you're voted most likely to shoot up the joint. I suspect you've actually made people quite uncomfortable working there - and that's not going to win friends and influence people. Being skilled only covers for that to a point - you'd have to be quite skilled to overcome your obvious social shortcomings. Work on your emotional intelligence and social skills - that's where you are clearly lacking, and without that you'll find it very hard to work collectively with others in a company.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Don't worry about it. You'll be a better fit in another company. Companies have personalities. Make sure you look for that in your next company. If you like them; they like you. AND...a note for the future. People promote who they like; not who is the best.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.