Blake asked in PetsFish · 6 months ago

Can I keep Kuhli Loaches with panther crabs? Panther crabs only get up to about 3 inches in diameter and I have a 65 gallon tank.?

The tank with be decently planted as well.

Favorite Answer

It's always going to be a risk. Crabs are opportunistic and panther crabs are omnivores that will hunt fish it can get its claws on. A sleeping khuli would be a nice target should the crab desire.

It's up to you if you want to take a calculated risk. In the marine hobby crabs will always be recommended to you with the notion that you can definitely expect them to take any opportunity that arrives. Even traditionally thought of herbivorous crabs like emerald crabs will sometimes attack and eat fish.

Why not just set up a tank dedicated to the panther crabs and have both without worry? Panthers have a more specific pH requirement as well which will be easier to maintain in their own setup.

I thought this was covered already, asking again won't change the crabs to suddenly not eat fish.

• bubba

yes you can , there is a risk that they will eat the kuhli, i think the kuhli will be too quick for them and they only have small nippers