Hi, has anyone ever heard of motor oil leaking into fuel tank like every 5 days. Have a flatbed truck and this keeps happening.?

• Dan

You misunderstood what you were told. If anything it could be the other way around - possibly fuel getting into the oil, but without knowing more about your mystery truck it's difficult to say.

• M.

How did you get this idea?

What did you see?

What do you know?

No. It can't work that way. But it CAN BURN OIL. See a mechanic and just driving into the yard and they can see it is burning the blues. Meaning the engine is wore out and needs to be rebuilt (maybe just the heads) They can tell which. A head job is cheaper than a bottom end job. You are not saying how old the truck is, so if a lot of miles is on the engine, or the air cleaner is missing or has a hole in it, then you got engine wear. Rebuilding or engine swapping from a junk yard for same size engine would be the way to go. The mechanic knows which way is the cheapest...as that is why he is suggesting it. Get an estimate from more than one mechanic shop.

• don r

You're getting punked by some joker who needs to eat a shotgun. Motor oil cannot leak from the engine into the gas tank- there is no connection.

Not possible. Sounds like a wacky diagnosis to me.

the two are not remotely connected ...its impossible

I am trying to help my brother out, i dont know much. I just know he has had the injector seals replaced and hes called everyone he can think of and not alot of mechanics dont know. He keeps having to dump all kinds of money in this truck and its not fixing the problem. It was my dads truck and he passed, so he does not want to get rid of it.. So I am just trying to find out if anyone out there has had this problem.

• Joe

Haven't heard of this before.

If I had to guess as to a mechanism: I'd be inclined to blame something in the evaporative emissions control system. There are all kinds of vacuum lines and valves connecting the tank to the engine.

Try replacing the blinker fluid

No.............