Why doesn't postmates ask permission or at least allow restaurants to opt out?

My employer has made rules for all the staff that we are not to take postmates orders. We've asked them to remove us from their page, but they won't. Now it has become a game where they try to not let us know they are postmates when ordering. If we catch them at any point even after placing the order,... show more My employer has made rules for all the staff that we are not to take postmates orders. We've asked them to remove us from their page, but they won't. Now it has become a game where they try to not let us know they are postmates when ordering. If we catch them at any point even after placing the order, we will cancel it.
Update: They may not need permission to try, but a business has a right to refuse to sell to them. And, they seem to misrepresent to our customers that they represent our brand or that we have some type of partnership.
Update 2: A hunch: postmates does NOT wait for restaurants to "sign up". They add you whether or not you want it. They refuse any request to remove you from their service. They don't ask permission at all.
Update 3: They use old menus uploaded by customers, not us. They communicate with the customer, not us. They really should ask for a businesses permission but they say it is impossible to opt out and there is nothing they can do. So, we just refuse to sell to them. We don't trust them to represent us or properly... show more They use old menus uploaded by customers, not us. They communicate with the customer, not us. They really should ask for a businesses permission but they say it is impossible to opt out and there is nothing they can do. So, we just refuse to sell to them. We don't trust them to represent us or properly handle our products in transport. Plus, they give misinformation about our business to customers.
Update 4: We don't accept orders from any of them. Postmates is the only one that refuses to let us opt out (that I know of) and even goes as far as to not tell us it is a postmates order. Postmates has never attempted a return on any food they did get from us. If the order was correct and their customer declined it... show more We don't accept orders from any of them. Postmates is the only one that refuses to let us opt out (that I know of) and even goes as far as to not tell us it is a postmates order.

Postmates has never attempted a return on any food they did get from us. If the order was correct and their customer declined it for some reason, we would not offer postmates a refund period. If they attempted a chargeback, we would fight it tooth and nail.
7 answers 7