Is this enough for a newborn?

Dont know the gender yet so its all neutral colours. The climate is mild all year round were i live as well. I am buying all 0-3 months. All the newborns i have seen have grown out of newborn sizes in 2-3 weeks so i wont be buying any. I dont wanna buy too much stuff, only what i need.

5 Kimono Short Sleeve Onsies that close at the crotch

5 stretchy pants

6 sleepers with built in booties and mittens

6 zip up sleep sacks

6 Burp Cloths

7 pairs of socks

2 beanies

6 swaddle blankets

1/2 Outfit sets

And what would i need for a 3-6 / 6-9 / 9-12 month old.

Thanks

The average baby will wear two to four outfits EVERYDAY because the average baby will either spit up on themselves or leak out of the diaper - so you determine how many clothes you need compared to how often you want to do your laundry. This is fairly consistent all the way to age one and maybe a little beyond. You will be doing laundry often - but if you are okay with that, you have enough to get started. You can always add a couple of things when YOU decide what YOU are using the most of.

Personally, for the first two or three months, my baby spent most of their time at home and spent most of their time in sleepers even during the daytime. I had about 20 sleepers. (most with built in booties and none with built in mittens) I did have a few cute tops and sweat pants to put them in if I wanted to take them someplace.

You will probably stop using the swaddle blankets after two or three months - if that long. (some babies don't like being swaddled - but you will have to judge if you need those or not when the time arrives) You may need more burp cloths, but you could also just use hand towels if you run out of the burp cloths. My sister had some cloth diapers that she would use as burp towels too.

With new borns you may have to change their clothes more often that once a day. They spit up etc.

• Joe

Sounds like you are a concerned and caring person. You're doing great !! Kudos to Aire too....good advice !

Maybe get baby some mittens or more socks. Newborns usually scratch their face when first born so they come in handy. For 3-6 and up id get some t- shirts. As a mom of 2 i eventually get tired of buttoning up onesies so t shirt and shorts or pants is a easy outfit.