Is testicular cancer a lump always attached to the testicle?

So basically I have a few white lumps in my groin which I have been using some cream on and they have definitely gone down in size the issue is I’ve now found one on the edge of my scrotom, I’ve felt the testicle and I don’t feel any lumps on the actual testicle anyway I went to the doctors to show her yesterday... show more So basically I have a few white lumps in my groin which I have been using some cream on and they have definitely gone down in size the issue is I’ve now found one on the edge of my scrotom, I’ve felt the testicle and I don’t feel any lumps on the actual testicle anyway I went to the doctors to show her yesterday and of course I couldn’t find them, now I’m really worried about it and wondering if I should just pay for a private ultrasound to put my mind st ease it’s a very small lump it looks white from the outside a bit like a pimple