Can you have c diff lingering from the past with mild occasional symptoms or do you either FULLY have C diff or don’t?

I had c diff before, but I still have cramping, mucus, fluids sloshing around my colon, gas, and occasional daily diarrhea and urgent... I’m wondering if it’s possible to have c diff stil somewhat causing damage? Or if the stool test is negative, then I don’t have it? I’m asking because I’m debating taking the... show more I had c diff before, but I still have cramping, mucus, fluids sloshing around my colon, gas, and occasional daily diarrhea and urgent... I’m wondering if it’s possible to have c diff stil somewhat causing damage? Or if the stool test is negative, then I don’t have it? I’m asking because I’m debating taking the Difcid antibiotic once more to see if it helps, but some doctors say you either have c diff or don’t, you can have “half” c diff...