What does it mean when a person selling a car has only had it for a couple of weeks?

I was interested in a truck for sale til I realized he had only had the truck for a couple of weeks. I said, sorry, but I'm looking to buy from someone with a little (lot) more history with the vehicle. The guy burst out laughing and then said in a really condescending voice... "have fun" before I... show more I was interested in a truck for sale til I realized he had only had the truck for a couple of weeks. I said, sorry, but I'm looking to buy from someone with a little (lot) more history with the vehicle. The guy burst out laughing and then said in a really condescending voice... "have fun" before I said bye and hung up. I guess he was angered by my rejection and thought by being dismissive of me he would regain the upper hand or something.