Joe asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

Why do some folk get upset with outdoor cats or the neighbors that allow them to roam?

Cats are unique that you can allow them to run around free and they come back home.

If you kill my cat because it's in your yard, you are an awful person and guess what? If I lose a cat, I'll get another cat and let it roam too.

Favorite Answer

Joe, I'm ok with cats, I'm ok with animals in general but, I draw the line when OTHER PEOPLES CATS CRAP IN MY GARDEN. ;-( I draw the line when I'm weeding and I get a handful of CAT CRAP.;-(

Thank you for proving that idiots and selfish assholes will never be in short supply.

No one wants your stupid cat crapping and pissing all over their property.

• Lili

I don't really have a problem with them, but cats aren't that safe outdoors, and they kill other animals. Cats allowed to roam free fairly often are also less domesticated than others and may be hostile.

It's probably best to keep them at home.

Legally cats, and all birds, are considered wild. Both can feed themselves & both have a "Go To Hell" attitude. It's illegal to kill any animal.

• Tarkarri

Cats are required to be contained on their owners property where I live.
      'Wild' cats are considered a feral pest and can be shot, trapped or baited.

• Ocimom

Because cats (like dogs) should be confined to your own property. When you let them out, they can be killed, poisoned, hurt or stolen. Obviously you really don't care about your cat.

The most important reason you should keep your cats inside is their lifespan is greatly shortened. From being poisoned or trapped and dumped by those people who get upset with outdoor cats to being killed by cars, dogs or Coyotes and Hawks. If you really care for your Kitty, just keep them safe inside. Always have them fixed and chipped.

Because cats can be destructive, obnoxious, spread disease and harm small pets.

Cats are responsible for the extinction of several species of birds and small animals.

Theres no good reason to let your cat roam.

• Anna D

I have serious doubts about the extinctions.

• *****

For LOTS of reasons.

In my city, it is not legal for your cat to roam off your property. They kill native wildlife, including songbirds and small mammals, spread disease to both wildlife and other pets, contaminate water sources, crap and dig in people's gardens, upset other peoples' appropriately contained cats and dogs, get into trash, and generally pose a nuisance. So far none have been stupid enough to get into our yard. If they did, and managed to survive our dogs, they'd be trapped and dropped off at animal control so their owner could pay a hefty fine. If you want to allow your cats outside, build a catio or install cat proof fencing to keep them in your own yard.

Cats are an ecological nightmare and are hunting many small and unique native animals to extinction for 'fun'.

If your cat is on my property it will be trapped and sent to animal control.

I also have a daughter who is alergic to cats and if your cat is in my yard when she is, it could cause a life threatening alergic reaction. Even a single cat hair near her can cause a minor reaction including itching, swelling and hives.

I, personally, like cats but have reason to have strong objections to them being on my property.

The cats roam and make my dogs bark. They also sneak into my dog door and steal my dog food. I ask my neighbors nicely to keep their cats inside at night and they just laugh. So I set up a live catch trap and put some attractive food in it. When I catch their cat and there is no collar, I take it down to the humane society. If the people want their cat back they will have to pay to get it back. If they buy another cat I do the same thing. Eventually they will catch on that the neighborhood is bad for cats.

• Star_of_Darkness

Its the cat owners fault for letting thier cats roam. Trap the cats and get rid of them, problem solved