Hi, What it is our council house was flooded and the council want us to move out while they do repairs can they force us out?


Hi again extra info the thing is im worried about is that they move us into

Temporary accommodation can they stop us moving back in

6 Answers

  • 6 months ago

    Yes, they can. They cannot perform the repairs while a tenant is living there.

    Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • 6 months ago

    I would almost definitely say yes. They don't want mold growing & water damaging the floors. Besides the safety issue.

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

    Force you out ? You want to stay there with no floors and no electric?

    Of course you will be able to go back when the repairs are completed.


    Lv 7
    6 months ago

    Yes, if thy cannot do the repairs while you live there they have to provide you with another place to live while they do the repairs.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

    If it has been flooded the place will be condemned or uninhabitable. Perhaps it is going to be physically impossible for you to be there when they sort out the flood damage. They will find alternative accommodation for you while they repair the property.

    Uodate: Why would the housing association stop you from moving back into your home?

    Besides if you have a long term tenancy agreement they would have to take you to court to evict you more than once and the process takes months and months.

  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

    Yes, but they'll have to give you somewhere else to live while they are doing the repairs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.