Are side mount scopes accurate?

Have had my mind heavy on scopes here lately and wondering if the side mount scopes are as accurate as the scopes mounted directly over the receiver. A pu style scope in particular because my mind is also mosin nagants. Is there any advantage or disadvantage? I have ebay link of russian women snipers and the ones... show more Have had my mind heavy on scopes here lately and wondering if the side mount scopes are as accurate as the scopes mounted directly over the receiver. A pu style scope in particular because my mind is also mosin nagants.
Is there any advantage or disadvantage?
I have ebay link of russian women snipers and the ones that you can see their scopes are pu type and off to the left side. And no bayonets fixed like i have been told many times that russian soldiers leave their bayonets on and the sights are set with fixed bayonets.