Should I pay a year in advance on rent ?

Hey so me and my fiancé want to move but our credit is horrible at the moment. We do have a savings account with $20 grand and I was wondering if it’s a good idea to offer to pay 1 year in advance in order to appeal to a landlord who relies on credit? Our yearly income together is $40,000 and we were looking at... show more Hey so me and my fiancé want to move but our credit is horrible at the moment.
We do have a savings account with $20 grand and I was wondering if it’s a good idea to offer to pay 1 year in advance in order to appeal to a landlord who relies on credit?
Our yearly income together is $40,000 and we were looking at small apartments that were $1,000 a month in our area. So we can definitely afford to do that.(we have done it before but the current landlord didn’t care about credit.) We do not have kids or other major bills besides a car payment and insurance.
Is that a good idea? Will a landlord even accept that?