How to recover from trauma of dead roommate? I witnessed a horrible fatal accident.?

I can't get this trauma out of my brain. A year ago my roommate's car was ahead of me, leaving for work at the same time, and he was T-boned by a semi-trailer and decapitated.I only saw blood and hair and a mess, only learning the next day from the news that he was decapitated. It was just too much, and I... show more I can't get this trauma out of my brain. A year ago my roommate's car was ahead of me, leaving for work at the same time, and he was T-boned by a semi-trailer and decapitated.I only saw blood and hair and a mess, only learning the next day from the news that he was decapitated. It was just too much, and I even helped his relatives retrieve his things and went to the funeral. But this still gives me nightmares and tremors.