Should I have my ribs checked and should I still be hurting after a hard fall?

A week ago I was walking my dog with a leash who cought me off guard and pulled I fell hard on my front Under my breast and armpit hurt. It hurts when I take a deep breath and when I lay down. Also hurts when I sit up and the other day I sneezed really hard and it made it a 100 times worse. Some people said I should get it checked out and others said if it s ribs they won t be able to do anything

Correct, nothing can be done for broken ribs, and they are hard to find on xrays as well, and it takes quite a few views. We do look for lung damage however, usually there is some difficulty breathing. Rib fractures take as long as any fracture to heal--6 weeks.

• Joe

Sounds like bruised ribs.

If you don't have signs of internal bleeding (like dark bruise marks spreading under the skin), there's probably not much a doctor could do, except give you pain medicine.

This is no fun. The times I've bruised my ribs (twice, falling off of a horse) it took six weeks to get better.

If you are not 100% sure your health is okay, you should visit a doctor. No matter what others say. They don't feel it, they don't know any pain of yours. Others are always smarter and like... Okay, go and see the doctor.