Should I have my ribs checked and should I still be hurting after a hard fall?

A week ago I was walking my dog with a leash who cought me off guard and pulled I fell hard on my front Under my breast and armpit hurt. It hurts when I take a deep breath and when I lay down. Also hurts when I sit up and the other day I sneezed really hard and it made it a 100 times worse. Some people said I should get it checked out and others said if it s ribs they won t be able to do anything

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Correct, nothing can be done for broken ribs, and they are hard to find on xrays as well, and it takes quite a few views. We do look for lung damage however, usually there is some difficulty breathing. Rib fractures take as long as any fracture to heal--6 weeks.

• Joe
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Sounds like bruised ribs.

If you don't have signs of internal bleeding (like dark bruise marks spreading under the skin), there's probably not much a doctor could do, except give you pain medicine.

This is no fun. The times I've bruised my ribs (twice, falling off of a horse) it took six weeks to get better.

• 6 months ago

If you are not 100% sure your health is okay, you should visit a doctor. No matter what others say. They don't feel it, they don't know any pain of yours. Others are always smarter and like... Okay, go and see the doctor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.