Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 5 months ago

I am marrying a guy who has money and his family does not care?

Ok they don’t hate me they just don’t really care even tough I’m a middle class immigrant ... who has always wanted to live in a nice condo and go shopping without my credit cards being maxed out it has been my wish every single night of my life and then one they he appeared and asked me to marry him.. and really his family honestly does not even care thought they were gonna call me a gold digger or something

• Foofa

Sounds like you've got the whole family snowed. Well done...I guess.

Tell them how you feel. Does he have a rich friend who doesn't care if he has a poor wife? I would like to meet him.

• drip

I don’t understand your post at all.

His family doesn’t care about what?

What question are you asking.

They were going to call you a gold digger or something. Have the actually called you a gold digger? If they have then it seems they do care

• Kelly

My only issue here is you seem to think that material items bring happiness, they don't. Material items bring short term satisfaction.

Money comes and goes. A year ago I had a 6 figure salary and was laid off after the company I worked for, for 10 years downsized and eliminated my position. I have a different job now, but making far less... I still have a happy life each way. There was a silver lining in that though, though I make less I have a much better work/life balance. I can do more with the kids and I have more time to myself.

My husband can buy me nice things, however I like time with him more than I like material items. I'm fairly low maintenance and so is he. He's fun to be around, supportive, he's a good dad and all around a nice guy.

• Money comes and goes. He may not be wealthy for ever.

My husband used to earn about $100 K per year before the market crashed in 2008. He doesn't earn as much money today, But we still love each other, regardless of the money we do or don't have. As long as I'm happy my family couldn't care less about our personal lives.

Do you care that his family doesn't care.....

If they like you and they don't care where you come from, then that's usually a good thing.

If you only want to marry him for the money, that's a bit selfish. You shouldn't be relying on him to pay for everything.

• edward

My wife married me and i come from money, she comes from money too just she comes from new money and my money is old money. If she was poor my parents probably would’ve been, totally against it, they never liked it when i brought someone over who was poor

And your question is??

So if no-one cares... what's the problem?

Money might get you things and make you happy temporarily, that doesn't ensure life long safety and true happiness.

• mokrie

Sounds like you don't care about him at all and just want the money.