Why a Dyson Sphere?

My question is basically, why have a Dyson Sphere around the Sun and generate power through those means when you could just launch a bunch of magnetic satallites into a big Magnetite Sphere and use Earth s gravity as one big generator wheel? It d use a lot less resources, there s more than just Earth in the... show more My question is basically, why have a Dyson Sphere around the Sun and generate power through those means when you could just launch a bunch of magnetic satallites into a big Magnetite Sphere and use Earth s gravity as one big generator wheel?

It d use a lot less resources, there s more than just Earth in the Solar System (so more than one generator), and it wouldn t block the sun so why is a Dyson Sphere always proposed to be the next step in our evolution of exploration when this said method is far more affective? (in theory :p)