Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceOther - Social Science · 7 months ago

I work as a cashier, but some days I don't really like helping people. I think because I am such an independent person. Thoughts?

This is especially true in the self-checkout area.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You won't feel like helping people every single day, I know some days I don't even like to be around people. Everyone can get mentally drained and customer service, healthcare, etc. can do that to you. Take it easy and don't feel bad, you're only human

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Prob not in your DNA

Best to know that now and start working towards a career you prefer.

A lot of programmers I know are like that.

• 7 months ago

Become a traffic warden

• 7 months ago

Hjjjjjjjjjjjjjkkhvcdgjmmn

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mokrie
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Tough beans. YOU get paid money to do a job and it doesn't matter what you want or don't want to do. Either do your job or leave and let someone else make the money.

• 7 months ago

😄

Self checkout is the easiest to manage.

But... I get what you're saying. I felt that way at times when it was busy, busy, busy.

Look into other occupations. Sounds like you need a break from this one.

When I was working 2 jobs as a Cashier and CNA, I was hyped all the time. Felt like I was living 3 different lives. Because I was... homelife, store life and nursing life. Having each one, gave me variety. And it worked out great.

Maybe you should try it? So you won't get busy from 1 job. Or... you just need something different that suits you now.

• Manny
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Why would you decide to apply for a job where you literally help people all the time? But, even the most independent people need help. It's just a fact of life, humans are social creatures.

But why would helping people impede your independence. If anything, it demonstrates that you're so independent that you can help yourself and others at the same time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.