Blake asked in PetsFish · 6 months ago

I plan on getting a 65 gallon tank. How many Kuhli loaches could I get? I can tell you all my other fish in the comments.?

As @noseless points out, the crabs would eat the kuhlis.

I'd double the amount of small tetras at least and get 8 or more kuhlis.

BUT very few of any fish should go in until the tank is fully cycled 6 weeks.

All those fish are rather sensitive and won't do well at first.

Edit

Pleco? You didn't say anything about a pleco.

That changes everything.

• Blake6 months agoReport

Okay I will make sure to cycle this tank well because my Pleco is my pride and joy and if he died I would be really upset. Also, they are small crabs only grow up to about 3 inches in diameter.

The crabs are neet, but it sure seems like they would try to eat your fish. your bottom feeders would be especially at risk.

I would not keep a rainbow shark with kuhli loaches.

without the crabs and shark, you could likely keep like 15-25 kuhli loaches.

If you really want the shark, theire are larger, bolder loaches like yoyo, zebra, and polk a dot. That are not too big when full grown, but could compete for food and stand up to a rainbow shark.

I have a common place and a red eye tetra, I plan on add-ons 10 neon tetras, 2 cherry shrimp, 2 panther crabs, a rainbow shark, a dwarf gourmi, and maybe a few more tetras. I could get rid of the crustaceans of I had to.