I'm trying to get a new dodge charger 2019 scatpack how much would you estimate my monthly pay I live in California in the IE and insurance?

how much would you estimate my monthly pay i live in California in the IE I'm 19 years old have one year since I got my license I have no credit but I do have enough money to put down a hefty downpayment

• lucy
    Favorite Answer

BEFORE you consider buying this car, I "strongly" suggest you call your (own) insurance company or call an agent for a quote.

See, since you are going to finance this vehicle, then you must have (both) collision and comprehensive to protect the lender till it is PAID off, (plus) liability required by law.

So as an example if this was a 1999 and paid cash, then only required to have liability only. So as an example, then your monthly insurance could be $200 to $250 per month. But once you add collision/comprehensive, then it (might) be $400 to $600 plus per month.

19 (high/teen) then only driving 1 year, thus in- experienced-high and also no credit, they charge more, so add the extras and you will go holy sh#t, I can't afford this for the next 4 to 6 years till you pay off this vehicle.

• Erik6 months agoReport

Thank you so much I will surely look into getting quotes

It will be a lot, and I mean a lot. A 2019 Charger would cost more to insure than I can afford, and I'm old as dirt and have driven like a coward for over 20 years.

What it would cost for you is hard to put a number on, but I'll give you a really good rough idea. It will cost anywhere between a king's ransom and holy Jesus Christ are you serious. Maybe even more.

Its WAY more than you can afford.

• May

You must be kidding to ask strangers such a question. How would we know?

If you have to ask you can't afford it. Insurance alone will likely be 300-500 a month.

• CB

My point being - if you can't do the above you likely have neither the gumption or income (as it relates to gumption) to afford ALL the costs of this type of car at this particular time in your life. Those cars are beasts- twitchy as hell and 19 yr old has neither the experience nor mindset for one.