Which flash drives are more reliable?

Is there a brand that is more reliable than others? I heard sometimes USBs can just stop working

The most reliable consumer USB Flash drives are from SanDisk, Kingston, Lexar, Samsung

Sandisk, Kingston, Samsung, PNY turbo ...etc are the reliable flash drives.

• Lv 7

all USB Flash Drives have a finite lifespan, and if it starts acting up, you'd better backup important stuff to your computer.

i always tell people NOT to make a flash drive your ONLY copy of a file.

even if it's just on a 2nd flash drive, have a 2nd copy of any important stuff.

as for brands, SanDisk created the flash memory we all use, and i prefer their drives.

Kingston is good, too.

but again, ALL USB drives will die eventually after so many writes. even if you take perfect care of it.

• Fulano

It's better to just make a backup either way so you don't loose anything important when they do go, because they will.

Being so small, there are lots of things that can happen to them besides hardware failure, such as being dropped in a parking lot and run over.

My oldest drive is a 13ish year old Lexar drive, a whopping 256 MB, but it's just enough to fit Clonezilla on it, so it gets programs run from it from time to time. None of my other flash drives have failed yet, but I've had several mechanical drives fail.

While several brands are quite reliable, SanDisk has been good for my uses. Will be more reliable if you take care of it.

Generally, anything from the major brands (Sandisk, Kingston, PNY, or Samsung) are all about equally reliable.