Is advanced cervical cancer obvious?

Update: with a pap and biopsy w/ colposcopy? my mom that is 50 yrs old got a pap for the first time in the past 10 yrs, which came out abnormal and + for hpv, then proceeded to get a biopsy colposcopy. they tested 4 areas and 1 of them was cancerous while 3 were precancerous. we now have to schedule an appointment for... show more with a pap and biopsy w/ colposcopy?
my mom that is 50 yrs old got a pap for the first time in the past 10 yrs, which came out abnormal and + for hpv, then proceeded to get a biopsy colposcopy. they tested 4 areas and 1 of them was cancerous while 3 were precancerous. we now have to schedule an appointment for additional tests such as a PET scan and we're worried sick in regards to the stage of the area that was cancerous .
Solace please...
Update 2: if anyone can dm me (if you have the time to chat additionally/have experience w/ this matter) it would be greatly appreciated