do you like those seasoning packets that have everything combined together or do you prefer to have individual seasoning in different bottle?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

The only mix I buy and use is Herbes de Provence which has basil, thyme, fennel and lavender.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I like everything separate, please

• 6 months ago

Depends on the seasoning.

For curry, there is no way I’m going to make it from scratch, too many ingredients and I can buy from the store better balanced than anything I could make. Trader Joe’s has a seasoning right now called “Everything but the Bagel” that is also excellent. I also like lemon pepper and Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning.

But for when I’m cooking from scratch and not just doing something fast, I’ll want to determine seasoning combos myself.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I cook from scratch. Seasonings, bread, soup, etc.

I don't buy anything premixed or premade.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

They have different applications.

I use a store bought seasoning salt that has salt, sugar, I think some garlic, pepper, and MSG. It's a general cover if you just want to add something to a part of your dish that doesn't need to stand out, just not bland.

However, there are times you do want something to stand out. Say, lemon pepper chicken. You can use that pre-mix and add rough mesh black pepper and lemon zest, but you can't take away the sugar and MSG which would stand up a little too high in a dish like that. So you can do the lemon and pepper but make your own, balanced seasoning base of salt, garlic and some herbs.

• 6 months ago

I much prefer individual seasonings, and then used sparingly.

You never know what is in those packets; what the quality is, where it came from, or how much it has been "cut".

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I prefer having separate seasonings so I can mix them to my own taste.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A little bit of both.

• 6 months ago

I like already seasoned and cooked foods. Just heat and eat.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.