Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 6 months ago

I’m having second thoughts about going on holiday with my friend and her family. What should I do?

My flight is tomorrow and I’m feeling sick. I’m going abroad for a week with her and her family. I’m sure I’ll have a good time but I hate being away from my family. Any words of reassurance?

Favorite Answer

You'll have a great time! I've had second thoughts about trips as well but as soon as I get to the airport, I am reminded that I'm about to go into relaxation mode for quite a while. If you don't like her family then maybe try to avoid them and go sightseeing elsewhere. Have fun!

• 6 months agoReport

Hiya. I really appreciate your comments and advice. Big help, thanks.

It's a little late to back out now. Go and have a great time. It's a good opportunity to expand your horizons

I plan trips- and then I always feel a little bad just before I go. Then I go and have a wonderful time! It's only a week. If you're older than 9, you ought to be able to be away from your family for a week.

• 6 months agoReport

I would just like to say that it’s not that I can’t be away from them; I just don’t like it. My family are my best friends. We have get togethers all the time. I had a bad experience last time I done this so I am a bit anxious. I appreciate your advice, thank you.

• Fred

You are safe with friends who will look after you. It is bad if you cannot be away from your own family for a few days.

• 6 months agoReport

• ?

Just go for it. Once you're on your way, you'll forget about being sick and start having fun.

• 6 months agoReport

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your advice.

• TedEx

Grow up!! It's only a week. You will survive

• 6 months agoReport

Hiya. I had a bad experience last time I done this so I am very anxious. I appreciate the bluntness as sometimes it’s necessary, but I did want a bit of advice with coping with the anxiety.