How come planet fitness doesn’t have free weights?

I doubt any of them have a good stash of plates....that's not their target demographic whatsoever. Don't you remember the commercial where they sent the guy out the door who said "I pick things up and put them down."

They want people on machines...they are safer and you wont have the meathead in the corner making everyone feel self conscious.

they probably need to rnake rnoney by charging people

• Never

Same reason my city gym only has them in a locked area. LIABILITY.

You could kill yourself trying to bench press too much. You cant kill yourself trying to shoulder press with a machine. Or do dips or pushups.

Both of the ones I went to did. Maybe you have a cheap franchisee

• Kevin6 months agoReport

When I say free weights I mean no smith machine and dumbbells and weight plates that can go up to 100lbs to 150lbs

I don't know where you live, or what gyms you go to, but all the PF's I go to have them...barbells, dumbbells, kettle balls, etc.

• Kevin6 months agoReport

So the planet fitness u go to has free 45lbs bars free squat and bench rack without the need of a smith machine?

Hmmm, the ones I used to go to did. Probably varies by store?