Ammo carb screwed up fish tank?

Okay so I got ammo-carb for my fish tank bc my goldfish was turning black from ammonia I also purchased a vacuum and vacuumed the 10 gallon tank for about 5 hours straight with a tank vacuum. I did the best I could, removing the worst I could. So then I was like "okay I'mma get ammo carb in there... show more Okay so I got ammo-carb for my fish tank bc my goldfish was turning black from ammonia I also purchased a vacuum and vacuumed the 10 gallon tank for about 5 hours straight with a tank vacuum. I did the best I could, removing the worst I could. So then I was like "okay I'mma get ammo carb in there now". I measured it out, put it on top of the filter (that's what I was told to do bc I don't have a media compartment in my filter). NOW MY WATER IS SUPER WEIRD AND CLOUDY even though the bag said you only need to rinse the dust out?? Will the cloudiness harm my fishies?? I only have 2 fish in my tank! I'm only 15 btw, so if this sounds stupid, I'm sorry.
Update: YALL SUCK
1) went to Petsmart, they said it was okay
2) the water DID clear up and when I checked the gravel and tested the water, it was clean
3) the ammo carb DID work
4) my fish has his golden color again.

YALL SUCK DO YOUR RESEARCH