rawrr asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 months ago

when do u tip at a hair salon? and do u give it straight to the hairdresser?

I've never understood how this works. How to make this less awkward for me please as I am very shy. when they say all done and you're still sitting in the salon chair is that the time u hand cash to them? or do u wait until u get to the register pay for the whole haircut and hand the tip to the receptionist to say to give it to the hair stylist later?

• At the end of the hair cut. I wouldn't leave cash lying around, some one could take it. You can hand it to the stylist directly.

Salons have different methods for leaving tips. Some places have envelopes that you write the stylists name on and put the tip in it. If you're paying by debit or credit, some salons have an option where you can select a tip amount or percentage of the cost. Or fill in a line that lets you tip on the receipt and add up the total cost.

If paying with a card, you can put the tip on the ticket at the register.

I pay at the register and give them a tip when I pay, usually it's the same person who cut your hair, anyhow.

You “Should@ tip a hair salon when they give you a haircut at the end of each haircut, and no, you should not exactly give it straight to the hairdresser, though.