Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 6 months ago

If I can’t afford treatment for a life threatening situation, can I yell at the doctor, “Just kill me! I’d rather die than live bankrupt.”?

• RP
    Favorite Answer

You "can", but, before doing that, I'd recommend you consider what that will accomplish.

You can but it won't do any good

• Ben

No, that would not look professional.

You might qualify for Obamacare, Medicaid or other local schemes. Or free clinics or hospitals. Or go to A and E as they have to treat you. Otherwise you could set up a payment plan or go bankrupt.

• polly

No,because doing so will most likely cause your doctor to tell you to start seeing another doctor.

If you've got fiduciary problems you shouldn't just heap that kind of responsiblity to kill you onto your doctor.

Most hospitals and health providers can offer special payment options, or you might be eligible for Obamacare or Medicaid.

If the government can force doctors to perform abortions they can force doctors to do that.