Best Major for school to get a job in the cannabis industry?

I’m looking to get a career in the cannabis industry as maybe a head grower or cultivation manager. Not sure exactly which job but the main goal is I want to learn how to grow the plant and all the breakdowns of it to be able to create different strains to serve different medicinal needs. I want to be able to take... show more I’m looking to get a career in the cannabis industry as maybe a head grower or cultivation manager. Not sure exactly which job but the main goal is I want to learn how to grow the plant and all the breakdowns of it to be able to create different strains to serve different medicinal needs. I want to be able to take the plant itself and get into the science of it of different THC/CBD levels and how everything effects the body and what different strains could help with what symptoms of an illness. From what I researched so far I was thinking I could get my associates degree in plant sciences/horticulture and bachelors in biology. Take hydroponics classes and I seen they have a certification course in budtending. Is there more schooling I would need other than those? Or a different major for what I’m looking for? This is a massively growing industry and going to be federally legal within the next few years. I live in Massachusetts and tons and tons of jobs are popping up for it here and there will be a demand for it nationwide soon.
1 answer 1