Why are mixed people or light skinned black people ( those who don’t look black) so quick to say they are black?

Ok so I noticed that they are so quick to tell other people their black side and stuff but I don’t understand that. wouldn’t they want to hide their black side so that they won’t be seen as devalued or get treated poorly by other people? Why are they so quick to say that they’re black instead of hiding that side of... show more Ok so I noticed that they are so quick to tell other people their black side and stuff but I don’t understand that. wouldn’t they want to hide their black side so that they won’t be seen as devalued or get treated poorly by other people? Why are they so quick to say that they’re black instead of hiding that side of them so they won’t be disrespected for being black? I don’t understand and I find it very stupid and silly that they would rather be seen as black by other people when more than half of the world’s population hate and devalue black people. So why do those who are black but don’t look black try to get people to acknowledge their black side?