Do you ever wonder why people won’t date you? Why?

• Speed

You know, ever since the anonymity of the internet came into being, I've listened to people complain about nobody wanting to date them. Sometimes it's men, sometimes women. They often blame their appearance or that they're not rich. (Splits right down gender lines on that, too.)

But I have met maybe eight or ten of these people in person, and it's *immediately* obvious something is off about them. Not that they're bad people--although some show an astonishing lack of caring for the feelings of others--but they do not, perhaps cannot, interact socially at anything approaching a normal conversation.

Some of them may be on the autism spectrum, to be sure, which makes them blameless, but others are simply so deeply self-absorbed, selfish, damaged, rude, etc. that it's immediately apparent to anybody they talk to that they do not want to go out with them.

My favorite was a fellow writer who whined endlessly about how many years it had been since she'd had sex. I'd seen a number of pictures of her and she wasn't awful. Then when I met her, it was, "Of course they don't!"

• pmt853

Not really. I'm 63, a bit overweight, not a lot of hair left and I have an interest in culverts and 19th century drainage systems. I'm also married which probably doesn't help.

• Mikey

I've stopped wondering. Once I realized that not everyone is cut out for relationships, I just accepted my role in the world.

Interesting point. Maybe ask someone who will give an honest answer. If you are male finding a girl friend often involves some financial outlay.

I always just assume it's because I'm married.

nope. .................................