Spoke with the CEO/president of a company and he is hesitant on hiring but still wants my resume/cover letter, what should I do?

Spoke with the CEO/president of a company and he is hesitant on hiring (out of fear that I may ditch his company after 1 year or so) but still wants me to send him my resume/cover letter, what should I do? I m a recent engineering graduate and someone referred me to a man who is the CEO of a company. I asked him... show more Spoke with the CEO/president of a company and he is hesitant on hiring (out of fear that I may ditch his company after 1 year or so) but still wants me to send him my resume/cover letter, what should I do?

I m a recent engineering graduate and someone referred me to a man who is the CEO of a company. I asked him if he had any opportunities. He told me that his company is looking to expand and will be hiring soon. However, one of his biggest hesitation for hiring is investing in a new employee and then that employee abandons his company and moves on to join another company. Then he told me how there are two other guys who had also contacted him for jobs, one being his friend s son (his friend s son didn t study engineering). Both these guys haven t graduated yet, but will be soon.
The CEO still wants me to send him my resume and cover letter for him to look over. What should I say in my cover letter to make him more confident in hiring me, as he seems to be hesitant in hiring someone, investing in them and their training and having that person ditch his company. Any advice?