mike asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

My boss calls me names under his breath at times...?

I heard him quietly call me ret*rded a few times, after making some silly mistakes. He also is often VERY condescending. I'm introverted and socially awkward by nature and suffer from anxiety and depression. He just doesn't understand. I'm not stupid. He is an asshole and does this to others as well, not just me. Referred to one other employee behind his back as "**** for brains."

What can I do? I never fight back because I fear it will only make things worse and I want to keep my job. I just got a raise.

Your boss is very impatient and immature but I can understand where he's coming from. He's in a very stressful situation where his job is to get results by getting other people to do their jobs and carry out the work. It's easier said than done since not everybody is in that same boat. They're just there to get paid and support themselves. They don't give a rat's behind about the goals of the organization.

Managing people sucks AND blows. It's like herding cockroaches. You try to get them to go in one place and they scatter off in a million different directions and do their own thing like they're having a damn caucus race.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make 'em drink, ya know?!

• mike5 months agoReport

I can understand that perspective. Managing does suck and you're right, people who work there are only going to put in so much. They just want their checks and that's it. Unless they are the owners or making the big bucks, they'll only do so much.

Ask his opinion on your job? What would he

Like to see and why is he so angered when

Your trying your best?

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Personal views sited

find another job, you shouldn't put up with it.

Write on the restroom wall that he is a pedo

Obviously do not use your usual handwriting

I wouldnt worry about it as you will always get idiots like your boss no matter where you work, just ignore him and do the work to the best of your ability

Simple. Get another job. It's a free country.