Why is society surprised when they see a man doing a good or heroic act and see a woman doing a evil and inhumane act?

To me it feels like men have to prove to society that they aren't a bad human being. Most men and women are decent people but both men and women have the rare few bad eggs who are evil and commit evil acts onto others. So it doesn't surprise me when a woman does something evil as much as it does as a man... show more To me it feels like men have to prove to society that they aren't a bad human being.

Most men and women are decent people but both men and women have the rare few bad eggs who are evil and commit evil acts onto others.

So it doesn't surprise me when a woman does something evil as much as it does as a man and it doesn't surprise me when a man does an act of kindness onto another person as much as it would if a woman did an act of kindness.

I think this could be a reason why male suicide is so high in society. The demonisation of men. Treating men like they are dangerous aggressive monsters by default.

But society seems to act all surprised when a man does an act of kindness. Why?

Most men are friendly good people.

And no I'm not saying most women are evil. Most women are also good friendly people. But when there is that woman who does commit an evil act.. society also acts surprised.. why?