Hypothetical: if I got married in the Dominican on vacation, is it legal in the US? Can I marry multiple times?

I met a boy in the DR last summer and although there was a language barrier, he fell in love with me like immediately. I kinda just considered it a summer fling and went along with it. The second time we hung out, he asked to marry me. I obviously said no (mostly because my flight back to the US was in four hours--... show more I met a boy in the DR last summer and although there was a language barrier, he fell in love with me like immediately. I kinda just considered it a summer fling and went along with it. The second time we hung out, he asked to marry me. I obviously said no (mostly because my flight back to the US was in four hours-- I m very impulsive and might have gone for it otherwise), but I m wondering about it now. If I had gotten married, could I forget about it and marry again in the US/ is it legal in the US? I m thinking about marrying different men from every country I visit on vacation just to be a legend. Like, imagine the chaos of twelve different men showing up to my funeral and meeting each other? That would be so funny. Anyways let me know if this could theoretically work or if I would get arrested or anything. Thanks!