Do I have to be 18 to sign this waiver?

Plenty of places around the world serve hot wings and make you sign wavers before you try them. I am OBSESSED with spicy food and I'm only 17. I've gone to one establishment known for their wibgs which you have to sign a waiver to eat. Once, the guy told me he'd just forget the waiver because they were... show more Plenty of places around the world serve hot wings and make you sign wavers before you try them. I am OBSESSED with spicy food and I'm only 17. I've gone to one establishment known for their wibgs which you have to sign a waiver to eat. Once, the guy told me he'd just forget the waiver because they were very busy. Another time, the waiter never even mentioned it!

Now, I've gone to Virginia and the craving for a burning tongue has struck me. After some research, I stumbled upon a place called "buffalo wings factory". They have these wings called "flatliners" but you have to sign a waiver to eat them. In this case, do I have to be 18 to sign it? What if I showed up saying I'm 18 and forgot my ID?

Tldr: is the waiver signing for eating hot wings a serious thing or is it just for show?