Do I have to be 18 to sign this waiver?

Plenty of places around the world serve hot wings and make you sign wavers before you try them. I am OBSESSED with spicy food and I'm only 17. I've gone to one establishment known for their wibgs which you have to sign a waiver to eat. Once, the guy told me he'd just forget the waiver because they were very busy. Another time, the waiter never even mentioned it!

Now, I've gone to Virginia and the craving for a burning tongue has struck me. After some research, I stumbled upon a place called "buffalo wings factory". They have these wings called "flatliners" but you have to sign a waiver to eat them. In this case, do I have to be 18 to sign it? What if I showed up saying I'm 18 and forgot my ID?

Tldr: is the waiver signing for eating hot wings a serious thing or is it just for show?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

It doesn't really matter. You can still sue them if you signed a waiver.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's nonsense we don't sign anything in the U.K to eat any food.

• 6 months ago

You could make your own SPICY food. No waiver to sign.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, it's just a gimmick. There is a barbecue place that is very popular where I used to live. They called their hot hot sauce (how hot? Hot enough you could only have a drop of it!) "the Man" (as in "meet the Man") that did this.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

You cannot sign anything under age 18 (wouldn't be enforcable).

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Total bullcrap. There is no such law anywhere in the USA.

• marty
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It isnt a binding document but rather a sales gimmick many places around the country are doing that. Sign whatever you want because with any contract you must be 18 for it to be enforced

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Not true. If you sign something as a minor and want to enforce it, there is nothing they can do to prevent it.

• 6 months ago

It's their waiver and only they know the details of it.

• R
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

That waiver is just a gimmick. No, you do not have to be 18.

SMH

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.