Do I have to be 18 to sign this waiver?

Plenty of places around the world serve hot wings and make you sign wavers before you try them. I am OBSESSED with spicy food and I'm only 17. I've gone to one establishment known for their wibgs which you have to sign a waiver to eat. Once, the guy told me he'd just forget the waiver because they were very busy. Another time, the waiter never even mentioned it!

Now, I've gone to Virginia and the craving for a burning tongue has struck me. After some research, I stumbled upon a place called "buffalo wings factory". They have these wings called "flatliners" but you have to sign a waiver to eat them. In this case, do I have to be 18 to sign it? What if I showed up saying I'm 18 and forgot my ID?

Tldr: is the waiver signing for eating hot wings a serious thing or is it just for show?

It doesn't really matter. You can still sue them if you signed a waiver.

• Tavy

It's nonsense we don't sign anything in the U.K to eat any food.

You could make your own SPICY food. No waiver to sign.

• Mark

No, it's just a gimmick. There is a barbecue place that is very popular where I used to live. They called their hot hot sauce (how hot? Hot enough you could only have a drop of it!) "the Man" (as in "meet the Man") that did this.

You cannot sign anything under age 18 (wouldn't be enforcable).

• Nuff Sed

Total bullcrap. There is no such law anywhere in the USA.

• marty

It isnt a binding document but rather a sales gimmick many places around the country are doing that. Sign whatever you want because with any contract you must be 18 for it to be enforced

• Nuff Sed

Not true. If you sign something as a minor and want to enforce it, there is nothing they can do to prevent it.

It's their waiver and only they know the details of it.

• R

That waiver is just a gimmick. No, you do not have to be 18.

SMH