Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Do you think Roe v. Wade will be overturned before 2025?

Trump is likely going to win a 2nd term, so assuming congress remains conservative until January 2025, do you think Roe v. Wade will be overturned within the next 5 years?

What do you think and why?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Personally I don't think Roe v. Wade will be going anywhere regardless of the Panic Hype on the Left,,

But even though Euthanizing infants as they are being borne may be perfectly acceptable in Communist China, I doubt very seriously that the supreme court will allow it to even be discussed unless the left arranges a really catastrophic explosive accident at the supreme court building & manages steal an election.

• 6 months ago

NO, BUT I SUSPECT WE WILL SEE RESTRICTIONS SUCH AS NO ABORTIONS ALLOWED BEYOND A CERTAIN PERIOD EXCEPT FOR THE MOTHER S HEALTH AND THAT WILL REQUIRE THE APPROVAL OF A BOARD OF DOCTORS

• 6 months ago

Roe v Wade may not have to be overturned. The new legal challenge may hinge on the right of a State to enact laws regulating what doctors are allowed to do. For example, if a state is allowed to say that doctors can't administer life ending drugs to healthy people who just want to die why can't it say that they can't perform abortions?

• Marduk
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes, then you can watch poor people suffer even more, I guess you will thank your God to see that happen. Don't forget to fight healthcare for the mothers and kids and no FOOD for them either, not if you have to pay for it. They are stealing tax money that could be used to bomb Iranians as you Pro Lifers love to see that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • -j.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, but it won't be for lack of trying by conservatives.

• 6 months ago

I don't know where you get the confidence on Trump from, I think he's about 50/50 to win a second term.

But let's leave that alone and talk about the court as it's comprised RIGHT NOW. You have 4 near automatic votes to uphold Roe on the court. The left wing of the court is OUTCOME oriented. They want abortion to be legal, ergo they will vote to keep it legal.

That means you only need ONE conservative to flip. I can virtually guarantee that John Roberts will vote to uphold Roe. Roberts twisted himself into a legal pretzel to avoid the court doing anything controversial in the Obamacare case because he's an institutionalist. He values the institution's reputation above the rule of law, and fearing the backlash from the left over overturning ObamaCare, he blinked. He'll do it again on abortion most likely.

Further, I'm not even sure that all of the new justices would vote to overturn. Thomas would without a doubt, and has come as close as a justice can to saying as much. I think there's better than fair chances Alito would as well. But Gorsuch in particular is a bit of an iconoclast, and it would not surprise me for him to uphold it. Nor Kavenaugh. I'm not saying it's LIKELY that they would, but I wouldn't be shocked.

• 6 months ago

lol go back to rainbow unicorn land, dreamer

• 6 months ago

I would like to see it overturned before 2020

• 6 months ago

No. Lots of precedence supporting it and lot of people supporting it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Trump WILL win a third term!

• Lili
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I'm sure he'd like to think so, but he'll be dead or demented before 2024, and I don't think he's going to win even a second term. Too many people who voted for him are realizing what an unqualified *** he is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.