Leo asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 5 months ago

From what kind of tree does this leaf originate?

I found this leaf on a tree I liked and want to plant the tree's seeds when the right season comes along. To look up further information about the tree, I need to know it's name.

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Phil
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Chinese Elm.  Don't worry about planting them. In the spring they throw out so many seeds that it looks like its snowing outside.

They throw out so many seeds that you will need a snow shovel to clean them up as they gather up in every corner of your yard and outside of your house.

And the ones you miss will sprout up everywhere.  Especially in your lawn.

• Andy
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I agree with Robsteriark. These could come from any number of trees - Black Birch, American Beech, Elms, etc. Post again with photos of the leaves on a branch, the bark and, if possible, a photo of the entire tree. Also include some description of the area of the world where the tree is located. Those will help differentiate the options and, hopefully, get you a good answer.

• 5 months ago

Maybe smooth sumac, is a species of sumac in the family Anacardiaceae, native to North America, from southern Quebec west to southern British Columbia in Canada, and south to northern Florida and Arizona in the United States and Tamaulipas in northeastern Mexico.

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Might be an elm.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Sorry, the photos alone are almost useless as they closely resemble a huge number of species.

There’s no indication as to their size, no information about where in the world they’re from nor the type of environment the tree was growing in, no description of the leaf arrangements on the twigs, no description of the shape of the tree, nor what kind of bark it has. Knowing if the tree had any fruit or flowers and what exactly they looked like would also have been of immense help.

One of many trees those leaves resemble are those on the Black Birch, but that doesn’t mean that’s what they are.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Looks like a sumac bush/tree

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.