Where can I find a fuel filter for inside my motorcycle tank?

Disclaimer: This is my first bike and I'm pretty bad with terminology! Working on de-rusting my '02 Suzuki Marauder VZ800. Did a whole bunch of "research" into the best method and decided on muriatic acid. While I was waiting for the acid to work, I took the fuel line part and set it in the acid... show more Disclaimer: This is my first bike and I'm pretty bad with terminology!

Working on de-rusting my '02 Suzuki Marauder VZ800. Did a whole bunch of "research" into the best method and decided on muriatic acid. While I was waiting for the acid to work, I took the fuel line part and set it in the acid to remove the rust from it (this is the piece that attaches to the bottom of the tank with two hoses). Worked great on the rust, but my dumb *** left the plastic fuel filter on the metal pipe. Of course the acid ate it away almost immediately.

Does anyone know the term for this thing or where I can find one? It was only about an inch in length, had the fuel filter netting, and clicked into place on top of the metal pipe.

Do I even need it?