how do i download my legitimate copy of GTA 5 without having to use the launcher from the rockstar website?

my internet is really terrible and the launcher breaks constantly requiring manual restarts, but the game is massive and will take days for me to download on my pc. i bought the game legitimately, and so did one of my friends, and we were considering having him send the files to me by torrent, since that is more stable. im not sure if this will trigger the anti piracy measures however.

I tried something like this a few years ago as a test: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gta-v-pc-f... and it worked for me. However, this tutorial is about 4 years old, so I don't know if it will still work.

If you don't live too far from your friend, you're probably better of taking an external hard drive and just copying the game files/folders instead of trying to download all of it through his torrent. I think with all the patches and updates it is now close to 80 GB in size.