Am I being too strict?

Am I being too strict? So my daughter is failing all her classes at school, being a teacher myself I am constantly pushing her to achieve. She does 2 and a half hours studying a night, in which I will ask her to go to the study room. Where her phone and any other distractions will be removed. She has recently... show more Am I being too strict?

So my daughter is failing all her classes at school, being a teacher myself I am constantly pushing her to achieve. She does 2 and a half hours studying a night, in which I will ask her to go to the study room. Where her phone and any other distractions will be removed. She has recently started to rebel this rule and has snuck out on several occasions. So I have decided to confiscate her phone, laptop and any other electronic device and ground her from meeting friends or going out for he hours without me until her grades get better and she makes more effort with her learning. She thinks I’m totally out of order, however I care she has a good education and I want her to understand misbehaving doesn’t do you any good.